Saturday, January 28, 2012
Okay, yeah right...I'm always late and out of time! Maybe this well help...
|Kors Watch sold here at Nordstroms|
I'm eyeing up this gold beauty from Michael Kors. I love the idea of paring with multiple bangles and a leather cuff or two (or ten) like this...
I also like the price...it's reasonable and not really an investment!
Sunday, January 22, 2012
My beloved Ravens have made it to the AFC Championship and what better way to celebrate- drink and eat amazing food! We are having a few friends and family over at our house tomorrow to watch the big game and tonight got a jump on the food prep :)
Started with homemade choc chip cookies (ulta low fat splenda only recipe- Jason is not happy! He honetsly would have not known if he would not have seen the splenda bags out!)
After that a super easy chocolate covered strawberry (used the chips)
Tomorrow I will be making my delish homemade chili and brownies (don't tell the guys, but I'm also making that in a healthy way...post that recipe after tomorrow!)
So while we are eatting good, I sure hope my Ravens are playing even better!
Friday, January 20, 2012
Saturday, January 14, 2012
It may be under 30 degrees here in Maryland, but my eyes are all set on the warm weather that's just around the corner - okay months away, but you get the idea. The Nordstom catalog arrived featuring all the Resort/Spring wear...I want like everything they are selling from bold colored pants to color blocked dresses!
While at Nordstrom RACK the other day, I picked up these oh so adorable Michael Kors heels, which I can't wait to wear....and with the awesomely low price...I just could not pass them up :)
My lust for warm weather continued today. I began my morning with a trip to the salon for some highlights- nothing new there! Then I got a mani and pedi in a lovely girlie pink by China Glaze, named "Rich and Famous".
Doesn't this color just scream Spring? It's actually part of the brand's breast cancer awareness line.
And no that is not my hand...you would be surprised how many images come up in Google when you type in a color of nail polish!
Lastly I finished up my afternoon with a spray tan, Mystic of course. I just needed some color!
If you never tried spray tan, I recommend it! Here is a pic of the booth, looks very space age!
Crazy the stuff us girls do!
Thursday, January 5, 2012
I found this recipe online one night and had all the necessary ingredients, so I made them.
They are different, simple, and not too overbearing.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest, grated (I used Tangerine, becuase that is all I had...I also used like 4 tablespoons)
- 12 ounces (2 cups) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. (IF NOT THE WHITE CHOC CHIPS WILL BURN).
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips (by hand).
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes (I did 10 minutes) or until golden brown around edges. Cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to rack to cool completely (I removed cookies immediately transferred to cooling rack).
Recipe found at Sweet Pea's Kitchen Blog.
As always, my notes are in pink!
|Tweed Jacket, Cigarette Pant, Heels|
|So want this right now to pair under my tanks.|
|LOVE THIS LOOK|
|Like the idea of many bangles and chunky style|
|Retro inspired, classic feel|
|Modern and sparkly|
|Vintage style classic coat|
When shopping in Breckenridge CO this past weekend, I just had to take this picture outside of a clothing store called, "Canary in a Clothes Mine" and send it to my hubs :)
The town is full of adorable shops from your expected t-shirt tourist trap store, ski and board shops, stores with great vintage finds, and of course my favorite, clothing boutiques.