When you sell produce for a living, you and your co-workers tend to talk a lot about food!
This recipe was given to me from another sales rep. Michelle.
I made this dish tonight and it was fantastic and easy!
LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN
- 1 3.5 lb chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 10 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, peel removed, pith and pulp chopped
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Toss chicken with oil, rosemary, lemon juice, garlic, lemon, and salt and pepper in bowl. Marinate for 1 hour.
2. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Arrange chicken in a 9" x 13" baking dish; add remaining marinade. Roast, flipping once until cooked through, 30-40 minutes.
I searched the Internet a bit and I found a grilled variation that sounds just as good and perfect for the warmer weather approaching....I posted below
LEMON ROSEMARY GRILLED CHICKEN
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 whole chicken, butterflied open
1. Mix together the butter, rosemary, lemon zest and salt.
2. Lay the chicken breast-side up on a large sheet pan. Carefully separate the skin from the flesh of the chicken with your hand held flat between the skin and the flesh. Spread the butter mixture between the skin and the flesh, making sure not to displace the skin so that the skin covers the whole chicken. Pat skin dry with paper towels.
3. Heat grill until very hot (400 degrees if you have a thermometer on your grill.) Place chicken flat on grill, buttered side down. Place a large heavy skillet (cast iron works great) on top of the chicken. Close grill cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes, watching closely so as not to burn chicken skin.
4. Turn grill off and turn chicken over. Place skillet again on top of chicken. Close cover and let cook 25 to 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.