I found this recipe online one night and had all the necessary ingredients, so I made them.
They are different, simple, and not too overbearing.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange zest, grated (I used Tangerine, becuase that is all I had...I also used like 4 tablespoons)
- 12 ounces (2 cups) white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. (IF NOT THE WHITE CHOC CHIPS WILL BURN).
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips (by hand).
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes (I did 10 minutes) or until golden brown around edges. Cool for 3 minutes on cookie sheet before transferring to rack to cool completely (I removed cookies immediately transferred to cooling rack).
Recipe found at Sweet Pea's Kitchen Blog.
As always, my notes are in pink!