I stumbled upon this gem of a salad and had to share!
It's healthy, easy, and great for lunch or as a side.
- 1 can (14 ounces) cannellini beans (or any white bean...see below) rinsed and drained
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, toss together beans, tomatoes, scallions, oil, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
- To store, refrigerate up to 1 day.
Cook's NoteThis bean salad gets even better as it sits. You can make it up to a day ahead.
From Martha Stewart
White Beans come in various varieties with the 3 most popular being: Cannellini, Great Northern and Navy. For more on these check out go here.