I found a few recipes online for these no bake cake batter truffles. I ended up making these for a cookout a few weeks ago and it easy and they were tasty and adorable :)
Note- these are not healthy in ANY way! Hehe! Since I was taking them to a party I didn't take any "healthy" short cuts with Splenda, low fat cake mix, etc.
Below is the easiest way to do it....I first made with regular white choc. chips I melted and then dipped, it was too hard to get the whole ball covered without it breaking. Using the Dolci Frutta is super easy and you can find it in the PRODUCE section of most grocery stores (Giant sells it). I posted pics below of packaging.
Also make them SMALL- they are really sugary/sweet and when they are too big they fall apart and they are too "rich" to the taste as well.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup yellow cake mix dry
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. sprinkles
- 1 container of Dolci Frutta White Dipping Chocolate
- Maximum 1 cup of milk
- Beat together butter and sugar using an electric mixer until combined. Blend in vanilla. Add cake mix, flour, salt, and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add 3 Tablespoons of milk or more if needed to make a dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles by hand. Roll dough into one inch balls and place on a parchment or wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill balls in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Follow directions on Dolci Frutta chocolate container and dip cooled balls into chocolate. Place truffle back on the cookie sheet and top with sprinkles. Repeat with remaining balls until finished.
- Chill cake batter truffles in the refrigerator until serving. Makes around 24-30 truffles.
|inside view of container, disk shaped pieces|