As a Maryland girl and crabmeat lover, when stumbled upon this delish recipe online, I just had to share!
The recipe is originally from Alexandra Cooks, I made a few modifications:
Linguini with Roasted Red Peppers, Crabmeat & Basil
- Roasted Red Peppers 3 whole, cut into slivers
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb. linguine (or less — I used about 6 oz of regular not whole wheat linguini)
- kosher salt
- 6 oz. crabmeat — Fresh not pasteurized jumbo lump
- big bunch fresh basil
- fresh cracked pepper
1. Roast red peppers. If you don't know how it's so easy- go here and learn.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a big pinch of kosher salt. (I add about a tablespoon). Place the oil, garlic and red pepper flakes in a small skillet and turn heat to high. When the oil and garlic begin to sizzle, turn off the heat. (If you have an electric burner, as I do, remove pan from the heat source if the garlic begins to brown.)
3. Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking liquid. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Immediately toss with the garlic-red pepper flake oil. Add the sliced roasted red peppers, crab meat and fresh basil to the bowl. Toss together. Taste. Add some of the reserved pasta cooking liquid if necessary. Season with more salt and pepper if necessary.
My hubs was super impressed with this dish! I was in love- perfect for a night before a long run! Enjoy!