When I first got engaged, I babied my ring! I cleaned it all the time and took it off when I applied lotion or hair products. Years later and now married, I forget I'm even wearing it and needless to say it's definitely gotten dirty.
I came across this at home ring cleaner recipe that is supposed to really make your bling sparkle and decided to give it a try.
Here's what you need:
- Small bowl
- Aluminum Foil,
- 1 tablespoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Dish Soap
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- Warm Water
- Heat water in microwave 1-2 minutes (I did 1 min. and 30 sec).
- Cover bowl with aluminum foil.
- Pour baking soda, salt, dish soap into bowl ( I didn't measure, just kinda eyeballed it). Top with warm water and mix together gently with a spoon. Mixture should become bubbly.
- Let ring soak in mixture for 10-15 minutes (I let my ring rest on the spoon so I could easily fish it out).
- Remove ring and rise with cold water. Dry with a soft cloth.
for more go to:
I have also tried Windex (go here) and also toothpaste (yes used an old toothbrush, water, and paste and literally brushed my ring seen it here). Neither seemed to clean as well as this at home mixture.